Terms & CONDITIONS OF STAY
Check-in and check-out
- Check-in from 3pm
- Check-out until 11am
* We have space to store your bags free of charge.
- Reservations made directly through our website’s booking engine can be paid via payment cards, such as Visa or Mastercard. An upfront payment of 50% of the total reservation will be chraged from the card, the remaining 50% must be paid at check-in by cash or card.
- Reservations made at our Reception can be paid by cash or card. An upfront payment of 50% of the total reservation will be chraged, the remaining 50% must be paid at check-in by cash or card.
- Reservations made through other channels or travel agencies will follow the channel’s or agency’s payment policies.
A security deposit of €50, in cash, is required to be paid at check-in for bookings over 6 nights, this amount will be refunded when you leave the hostel. If a fine is generated during the stay, it will be deducted from this amount.
- We require that you present your passport upon check-in. If you are a student, a school letter or student card must also be presented.
- Check-in: Rooms are available from 3pm on the day of arrival. However, you are welcome to drop off any luggage in the morning.
- Check-out: You must remove all your belongings from the room, and check out before 11am. After this time guests may make use of the luggage storage facilities but all possessions must be removed from the room and the room key card handed back to reception. Late check-outs will incur a charge of an additional night.
- Upon check-in, each guest will receive a room key card for access to their room. For dorm rooms, there is only one key. Every key has to be handed back to the reception at check out. Failure to return the key card will result in a charge of €20.00.
- Towels are not included, but if necessary, we will have them available for rent at Reception.
- We do not provide padlocks, if you wish to secure your personal belongings in the locker by your bed, you have to bring your own padlock. Alternatively, you can request our Reception to leave your bags in our Luggage Room.
- The Hostel does not accept minors.
- Online bookings are charged 50% of the amount in advance to confirm the reservation.
- Any remaining balance will be due and must be paid at check-in.
- If any of these terms and conditions are not met, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking.
Amendments & Cancellations
- Reservation can be cancelled at no cost up to 14 days before the check-in date.
- 50% of the total amount will be charged in case of cancellation up to 13 days prior to the check-in date
- Any amendments to your bookings must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival. We will try and accommodate your amendments subject to availability.
- We do not accept cancellations made by telephone, you must send an email to [email protected]
- Early departures are not eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
- In the case of a late departure (after 11am), Leevin Hostel reserves the right to charge for a further night’s stay at the appropriate bed rate.
- We do not make any refunds in cases of early check-out and we do not provide any credit.
- The reservation is nominal; therefore it can not be passed on to anyone else.
- In case of no-show, the total amount of the reservation will be charged.
- The comfort of all of our guests is of paramount importance. Any guest who in the opinion of our staff compromises the comfort, safety, or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be issued a refund.
- Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hostel’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/debit card, or to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will of course make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without our prior consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/debit card, or to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Leevin Hostel premises. Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a fee of €50.00 in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring the room to a smoke-free condition.
- Further failure to comply will result in the guest(s) being asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund. If you wish to smoke please ask our reception staff on arrival about designated smoking areas.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times. Leevin Hostel accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
- Leevin Hostel reserves the right to only store lost and forgotten items for a period of 3 weeks. After the 3 weeks period, items will be disposed of and we can no longer assist in recovering lost or forgotten items. Leevin Hostel takes no responsibility for forgotten or lost items and cannot guarantee that items can be found/recovered.
- All beds have a locker to store valuables; the lock is the guest’s responsibility. Please keep your belongings safe.